Saturday, September 20, 2014

Never Enough

That's right … you can never have enough stash. That's my motto! Seriously, I am bad, bad, bad. Etsy has become my new best friend and it isn't the best relationship I've ever been in. It's fun, but something is gonna go wrong eventually. I just know it!

Anywho, I've recently deveoped a desire to learn to knit socks. Nothing fancy, just plain stockinette toe-up stripey socks with an afterthought heel. I have the stripey yarn, now I just need to learn how to do the rest. That might have to wait, but at least I have the yarn!

I bought 4 skeins from String Theory Colorworks in their Continuum base (80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon). It is wonderfully squishy and the colours are so bright and fun!

Solar Flare:


Atom:


Fluorite:


White Dwarf:


The company is not shy about tooting their own horn, and I have to agree with them!


I love buying from indie shops, they almost always add a little something extra into your package. Each skein had a coordinating stitch marker with it.



I also accidentally-on-purpose bought some more stitch markers. I found the dangly ones I was using on my lace project were a pain in the ass, so I got some non-dangly ones from Jennyanydotscrafts on Etsy. The stitch markers are so wee and adorable!! Omgooses! Each set had 10 markers in it, but some are in use already.



And another little "extra." Love it!


There have been other stash additions lately, but I still need to take pics of those.

3 comments:

  1. They awesome colors.Can't wait to see how they knit up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that yarn is sooo scrummy! I love those labels too, what a wonderful idea! Have fun knitting socks with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Atom looks amazing! You are going to have some very snazzy socks!

    ReplyDelete