Saturday, March 15, 2014

Earth tones and tension

I don't post many photos of my crocheting, mostly because (a) I am a very slow crocheter and (b) I don't crochet that often. I seem to go in spurts -- I'll crochet every day for a week, then I'll put it down for a few weeks. To be honest, I simply forget to post photos cause I don't see a lot of progress in my projects.

However, it has been a long time, so there is progress to show! I'm working on this scarf for one of my brothers. It'll look a little bit like the red/black/grey scarf I did for my Dad for Christmas (but I'm actually following the pattern for this one).


I went to a friend's place for a crafty afternoon last week and when I pulled this out to work on it, she ooh'd and aah'd over it (what crafter doesn't love that?!?) and she complimented me on my tension. I'd never really thought about it before, I just keep hooking away. I took a closer look when I got home, and you know what? My tension isn't that bad!

It's nice to realize something like that, but it causes a problem too … I gave up knitting long ago because my tension was far too tight and resulted in unknittable disasters. This realization about my crochet tension gives me hope! Now I just have to resist the urge to learn how to knit (I really need to finish my PhD first).

1 comment:

  1. ....and you know I will teach you how to knit. I am really impressed by your work on this project. Tension is key to a great fit and this was well done!!! Xox.

    ReplyDelete