Saturday, December 28, 2013

Double Update

There is something about seeing substantial progress that is both deeply satisfying and highly motivating. :)

Christmas Day was a very chill day for me, most of which was spent working on Ciara Blue by Blackwork Journey.


This piece is often mind-numbingly repetitive and boring, but it is also stunningly beautiful. Even though there is still a long way to go, I am excited about the finish.

My desire to work on the blackwork was inspired a little by doing the backstitching on the first owl in Wise Wisdom by Stoney Creek. As you can see … backstitching makes such a difference!



Working on some of my WIPs (like Ciara Blue) that I haven't touched in months certainly rejuvenates my stitchy bug.

4 comments:

  1. They are both gorgeous! You can certainly see the difference with the back stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little owl!
    And Ciara blue is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciara Blue looks amazing. I'm glad it helped to excite your stitchy bug. Looking forward to more next year!!
    Alicia xo
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it your print owl!To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:http://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete