Monday, February 4, 2013

Quick Love

I teased you at the end of my last post, saying that I was going to start something new at a stitchy night with friends. Well, I did, and now it's done!

This is Patriotic Heart - Scotland by Kincavel Krosses. I stitched this for one of my mom's best friends who just successfully finished fighting cancer. She's the sweetest Scottish lady I know!


I really like how the heart turned out, but I am not loving the framing job I did. It just feels like something is missing ... but I'm not sure what it might be.

Now - about my stitchy night! I've been participating in my LNS's monthly Sit & Stitch night for almost 2 years now and I've gotten to know quite a few of the women that attend. Last Friday night I was invited, for the first time, to a small stitchy gathering at one lady's house. It was 4 hours of glorious, chatty, stitchy fun!! It was one of the nicest evenings I've had in a long while. Stress-free with great company. I was in heaven!

I'm doubly excited because in 10 days I'm off for a 4-day stitching retreat (hosted by my LNS) for the very first time.

I. Can. Not. Wait!

I'll be driving up with two ladies close to my age (I'm 36 - quite young for a stitcher in my neck of the woods) and it almost  feels like I'm off to a slumber party in high school! Stitching, wine, and pyjamas - it sounds like a blast! I've also been informed that we are to bring 2 new starts and up to 5 WIPs for that weekend. Not a problem for me at all!

For new starts, I think I'm going to bring Ice Blossoms by Just Nan and Sunflower Bee by HAED. As for WIPS, I just have to bring Drama Queen and Cirque Des Carreaux.  I think I'll also bring Rules For Life, Elizabeth, and a new hardanger SAL that I'm hoping to put a few stitches into this week.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the link to the patriotic heart pattern. I have been looking for a project like this to start and hopefully finish up quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always enjoyed stitching get togethers. They make me feel energized! Enjoy your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a pretty blue color you chose for the heart. Your get-together sounds fun. I just met our group at a LNS last weekend. We're already planning our next GTG for March. Your retreat sounds like so much fun! What state is it in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased you enjoyed stitching my little Scottish heart - it looks great! :)
    Kell @ Kincavel Krosses

    ReplyDelete