Friday, December 7, 2012

Music Framed & My Christmas Present

First off -- welcome to my new followers! Up to 111 now, holy smokes!

Today I picked up Music Montage (by Stoney Creek) from the framers. I had dropped it off in early September (but told them not to rush), so I had kind of forgotten what colours etc we'd picked out. I think it looks fabulous! I almost hate to give it away -- but I know the intended recipient will LOVE it and it'll blow him away. He has no idea I've been stitching anything for him.


And a close-up so you can really see the design and matting colours. Look at the awesome corners my framer added! What a lovely unexpected touch!


Just minutes after I got home from the framers, there was a knock at my door. The FedEx man!! Woohoo! My Christmas present from my mom finally arived from the UK.

My very own beautiful Millenium frame ... I'm in love! Drama Queen just barely fit on the 16" bars. I'm glad I ordered an extra set of 24" bars for my big HAED pieces.


It looks lovely, it was super easy to set up, and the tension seems too good to be true! I haven't stitched with it yet, but I will certainly be sitting down later tonight to have a go.

6 comments:

  1. Music is beautiful and what a great frame and mat. I like your new stitchy frame.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is a gorgeous stitch & as a whole with the frame, it is beautiful! Someone is really lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out beautiful! What a nice touch on the corners of the mat. I've never seen a Millenium frame. I hope it holds your project nice and tight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous framed, I also like how the corners were worked in the frame. I have heard so much about Millennium frames and everyone that has made the investment has raved about them. I hope you find the experience awesome as well. It looks good.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the music project! Beautiful!! :) http://yougotmeinstitches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful finish it looks so awesome in the frame.

    ReplyDelete