Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ripping and restarting

I took Rules for Life by Kincavel Krosses with me when I went to visit my parents at the beginning of the week. Just a few days before that I had decided to incorporate more solid colours into the design to compliment the Caron Collection Waterlilies variegated thread I was using on the border, so I popped over to my LNS and picked up a few skeins of Waterlilies and HDF silk. As I was stitching the border, my hatred for the piece grew more and more. My stitching just looked uneven and awful!

Original start:

I decided to switch gears and stitch some of the solid colours to see if that helped. That was when I realized that the original variegated floss I was using wasn't really purple, blue, and white. The white was more of a cream colour. It looked horrendous beside the glowing white I wanted to use as the inner line in the border. Ugh. I just couldn't figure out a way to be happy with this piece. I hated every stitch I put into it. So, of course, I decided to rip it all out and start again.

For my restart, I decided to go simple ... solid white HDF silk on the gorgeous Royal Purple 18 ct aida from Sassy's Fabbys.


I'm actually enjoying stitching it! I think the white totally pops, and I have now done almost 3 times what I had to rip out! Woohoo!!

1 comment:

  1. your looks great! I stitched this too and totally enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete