Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Late TUSAL and IHSW

I've been busy stitching (during what little free time I have), and somehow I still end up being late with my updates. Anywho, I have a TUSAL update for June with lots of new orts!


I have made some progress on Austrian Heart I by Bleu de Chine over the weekend (thank you IHSW). This seems to be a very quick stitch, and I am enjoying it immensely. I love the intermingling of cross stitch and blackwork.


And yet another UCJC finish (again thanks to the sequestering of IHSW). I've finished the NATO Phonetics Subversive Sampler by Kincavel Krosses.


This is stitched on 28 ct lugana, over 2, using Carrie's Creations silk thread in Fantasm and HDF silk in BeWrayed. To be honest, I'm not loving the lettering on this piece, but I couldn't find anything that matched better. Since it's done now, I'm not fussing with it anytime soon. Maybe I'll come back to it in a few months and think of a way to improve it.

Over the past two days I put in some time working on Rules for LIfe by Kincavel Krosses, but I just hated the way that the Caron Collection Waterlilies silk was stitching up. All of my stitches looked horrendous! It was uneven and warped and hideous, so I'm ripping out the 300-400 stitches I put in and will be restarting it with HDF silk in white. Hopefully I'll have a new start pic in a few days.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful jar full of ORTs! The WTF piece is adorable and I love the colors. So sorry to hear that you ripped out so much on Rules for Life. Remind me not to try using silk floss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austrian Heart is lovely - great colours. Sorry to hear about all that frogging - hope you're more pleased with your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Austrian Heart is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Austrian Heart - it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete