Thursday, May 24, 2012

Still papercrafting!

My poor little crafting corner with all of my paper, stamps, inks, punches, etc has been horribly neglected so far this year. I have made a handful of last minute cards that I didn't remember to take pictures of, so I made sure to remember this time around.  I've been trying to figure out what my personal style is and I think it is primarily clean and simple. It's difficult to leave so much white space, but I'm learning tricks to make my cards look more polished.


I fussy cut the kangaroo (from Paper Smooches) and paper pieced the inside of the ear. I also added Glossy Accents to the heart to give it a little shine and dimension (though it's impossible to see it in the picture).

Side note: I live about 2 1/2 hours away from my parents and my mom is my best friend, so I tend to make a lot of "I love you" or "I miss you" cards so I can pop them in the mail every so often. My mom is also crazy about butterflies, so they show up on a lot of my cards too.


I punched out the three butterflies (a Martha Stewart punch) then applied a script stamp (Kaisercraft maybe?) using Black Tuxedo Memento ink. Then I used some Distress Inks to add a little colour. (Top butterfly is Worn Lipstick and Barn Door, middle one is Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord, and the bottom one is Peacock Feathers and Frayed Burlap.) Finally I added a little bling to the butterfly bodies and popped them up on dimensional foam.

I haven't spent a lot of time using my Distress Inks, so it was fun to get inky today!

1 comment:

  1. Really cute cards! I think the white background makes your accents stand out more. Love that your blog combines paper-crafts and cross-stitching. My favs too!

    ReplyDelete