Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2012 UCJC - Day 31 ... and done!!

I can't believe this day is finally here. I also can't believe I managed to start 31 new projects in 31 days!! Holy crap! If I wasn't crazy before, I am now. What a ridiculous challenge!

Today's start is SK Oriental Courage by Lee-Anne Seed (HAED). I'm stitching this on 28 ct black jobelan , 2 over 1 tent stitch. I decided that since this piece has such huge chunks of colour that I would try tenting on this one too. I find the stitches are a little uneven right now, possibly because I am adjusting to stitching on black, which is more difficult than I had expected. Good progress for not a lot of stitchy time.


This challenge was 100x more difficult than I had expected. What a lot of ups and downs! It started off super exciting and fun, but within a few days the stress of switching projects every day started to get to me. I hung in there, and the stress of switching diminished thankfully, but then I couldn't remember most of what I'd stitched -- it was a blur. After 3 weeks, when I had 10 starts left, the exhaustion set in. While I enjoyed my daily stitching, I really wanted the challenge to be over.

Today I take a big sigh of relief -- no more pressure to start and stitch daily. No more pressure to blog like a mad woman. I can just stitch as much or as little as I want on whatever I want. Hurray!

I originally thought that I'd pick up Drama Queen and put some time into that piece once the challenge was over, but I don't have the energy or concentration for such a complicated piece. I think I'll pick up one of my simple, monochrome silk projects from the beginning of the challenge and just relax for a bit. :) It'll be interesting to see what gets finished in the next 11 months.

To my followers, old and new, thank you so much for joining me on this adventure.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You did it! Now you can pick up and stitch whatever you want. Looking forward to seeing your finishes all year long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! You've been a great supporter and cheerleader throughout this challenge. I really appreciate all of your comments. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I've been quietly stalking each and every one of your starts and cheering you on :) That is just SUCH an accomplishment! You should be proud of yourself. Take a breather! You've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should be really proud of yourself for seeing this challenge through! You have started some beautiful pieces and I look forward to seeing them pop up again throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! You're fab braver than me and well done for making it to the end of January. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your stitching time now. I will keep checking back in to see what you are working on and your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats on making it through to the end of January - now, relax...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making it right through the whole month. I seriously can't imagine doing it! I would love to know how many people did - any ideas?

    Now I will look forward to all your progress, or is it another new start tomorrow...lol x x

    ReplyDelete