Tuesday, August 30, 2011

An Unexpected Finish

I've been working on my Autumn Tree lately. I finished all of the leaves and started to work on the 'wind' element. I had chosen a beautiful HDF blue silk that matched the richness and intensity of the leaves, but from the first stitch I knew that I didn't like it. I hoped that the colour would grow on me like the leaves had, so I kept stitching. No such luck. After 3 lengths of thread, I couldn't stand it any more, and I frogged it all out. I LOVE the tree as is and I think the leaves worked out beautifully. I think I'll take artistic license and leave the wind off the piece.

And so ... my Autumn Tree is suddenly finished!! Yay!


8 comments:

  1. Wind or not, it looks beautifull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Autumn version, compiments
    alessandra adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  3. With or without the wind the tree is gorgeous and I love the leaves colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! :)
    I don't think it needs the wind. Looks perfect just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. I think it looks great. Grats on the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tree just the way it is - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish!!!! :D It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete