Monday, July 18, 2011

My first IHSW

IHSW - International Hermit and Stitch Weekend.

I've wanted to join in on this for ages, but for some reason never got around to it (or I remembered after the weekend was over). Sign up is on Joyce's blog Random Ramblings and the directions are as follows:

IHSW takes place every 3rd weekend of each month, for us to squirrel some time away for ourselves and "Hermit and Stitch." You can stitch as much or as little as your time permits, on anything you like, and on Monday of the following week, we post a progress picture and check out each others' blogs.

I started on my Autumn Tree just before the weekend, so I spent most of my time working on that (see my previous post for a progress pic). But on Sunday I decided to switch over and do some work on my Drama Queen. I feel like I am so far behind schedule on this piece. It needs to be finished by next August so I have time to frame it before my Mom's 70th birthday in October 2012. There's 16 pages in the pattern and I only have 13 months to get it done. I'm not even finished page one yet. Small panic attack -- eek!

Anyway - back to IHSW! Before:


After:



4 comments:

  1. Almost finished page 1!! Come on...you can do that....befoure august its done!!
    ( cheer cheer )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the colors in it!! Glad you enjoyed your IHSW. They're great!! And good luck getting finished by your deadline!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bit of progress on drama queen, just keep working on it and you will get there. Looking good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the end of page one in sight! :) Looks great.

    ReplyDelete