Monday, March 21, 2011

Time for a Change

I've been blogging about my cross stitch projects, stash buying, and the occasional stitchy gift for almost a year now. Several months ago I expanded my crafty repertoire to include stitchy card-making. Well, thanks to the influence of several friends, I am now up to my eyeballs in card-making paraphernalia (okay actually it's my own fault, they offered the use of their own stash, but I just had to have my own). I LOVE stamps and embossing and all the pretty, pretty paper ... I'm addicted.

And so, I have changed the name of my blog to reflect my divergence into a wider variety of crafts. One day (who knows when though) I would love to learn to tat, and I would eventually love to learn how to crochet as well. But for now I will only venture into the worlds of cross stitch and card making.

Below are a few of my beginner attempts at cards:




After a second card-making lesson:


I bought myself a card-making magazine and worked off a few of the ideas in there:

I did not abandon my stitchy roots, it's just that stitchy cards take a lot more forethought!

My Easter present from my Mom was an embossing heat tool, so this is my first try with it on my own:

I love making cards. It's stupid, I know, but the joy and sense of accomplishment I get out of it is awesome. Plus, I love providing random reasons that make people smile. :)

2 comments:

  1. Far from stupid, it's great! The cards are wonderful and they'll give alot of pleasure to the person you give them to, because they're more personal being home made. :)
    You've made a lovely job of them.

    I was just going to mention, incase it's helpful to you, that it's worth looking in charity shops for card making magazines. I check mine out for stitchy ones and I've seen card making ones in there as well, it's so much cheaper ~ you can get quite a few for what you'd pay brand new.
    Just a thought anyhow.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so cool, Adrienne! I'd like to learn card making one day as well....so much craftiness to lean, so little time :-P

    ReplyDelete