Saturday, December 18, 2010

Like the Layers of an Onion ...

I've been working on the Thread & Eye Mandala SAL for the past 3 days. This design solidifies why I love geometric patterns. As I slowly add each new colour and shape to the project, it's as if I have a whole new piece in front of me. (I'm not exactly a pink person, but the darkest shade is a wonderfully rich berry colour and it is stunning.)


I keep thinking that I should stop and just leave it as is because it's beautiful.

I must add in a pic that showcases how small stitching over 1 on 25 ct really is:


Couldn't you imagine this design as an ornament? Picture it in icy blues, whites, and silvers .. what a snowflake it would make!!


Each element adds something exciting ... I love watching as the design unfolds. This project in particular is exciting because I chose my own colorway, and since I'm not the most visual person, I can't picture in my head the way the colours will come together in the design, so it's a constant surprise for me. A delight to stitch!


Then I add the next part and it's even more perfect then before.


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! The colours look really great together. Geometric patterns make great cross stitches. 25count over 1, wow! The smallest I have done is 18count.Can't wait to see this when it is finished, you've done a wonderful job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. I love your choice of colours.
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete