Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My story continues ...

So, in January 2010, after pushing aside my stitching and getting too wrapped up in schoolwork, I finally gave myself license to stitch daily as part of my "me time." With that kind of consistent effort, my stitching project progressed rapidly. I wish I had taken pictures as I went.

By the end of March 2010, I finished my first piece of cross stitch. It had taken almost a year to complete. The piece isn't very big, about 5" x 7", but it's finished!!



It still needs to be washed, pressed, and framed. I'll post pics when it's done.

During that year, I was addicted to visiting Michael's and the local stitching shop in London, ON, the Thread & Eye. My pattern and kit collection grew and grew. I fell in love with several artists/designers, like Teresa Wentzler, Mirabilia, and Heaven and Earth Designs. I must admit that my love for HAED is a recent discovery. In particular, I adore two artists' work that is featured there - Amy Brown and Julie Fain. I also came across the work of Sue Coleman translated into cross stitch. All of it is breathtaking in its own way.

I now have a ton of projects to choose from. I wish I could do them all right this second. I'm dying to have a big, beautiful work of art of my own on my wall. The wait might just kill me though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment